Thank you for your interest in Kitty Kat Haven!
Everything we do here at KKH is done in the best interest of the felines. We strive to make each of them happy, healthy, and comfortable while in our care. Now, we do currently have space in our sanctuary.
Due to space limitations, we can only take up to 4 cats per household. To ensure the health and wellness of our current residents as well as your incoming cat(s), these requirements must be met before surrendering your cat to us:
- The cat must be an ADULT, 10 months & up. If outside, it MUST be friendly with people.
- Cat lives within 40 miles of Chehalis
- Tested for both FIV/Felv($40 at scatter creek in Rochester) you will need to bring results at the time of surrender.
- A short bio on your kitty, (personality, type of home they came from, inside/outside, good with children? Dogs?)
- A minimum$50 ($100 if over the age of 10yrs, has medical/ behavior issues, or not fixed) fee, per cat. Due at time of surrender. Turn in fee helps us with the cost of vet visit (wellness exam), and any other initial medical treatment required.
- Some bedding that smells like “home” (can place an old towel on their favorite spot and bring it with them) and anything that is “theirs” you’d be willing to send with them.
- A small container of the food they eat.
- If on any medication, or Rx food, you MUST BRING it since it will help us keep them on whatever they are until our Dr. examines them. Extra food and medication is always a plus.
- Medical records or at least veterinarian contact information for your cat.
- Current on vaccines is a plus but not required. Any medical records is also a plus.
We want to make this transition as smooth and stress-free as possible, for your cat. Please print this document so that you can make sure you have everything we, and the cat, need at the time of surrender. http://www.kittykathaven.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/KKH-Intake-requirements-we-have-space.pdf
We do intakes between 3 pm – 6 pm any day of the week, as long as our director is available. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kitty Kat Haven
PO Box 306
Chehalis, WA 98532
Phone: 360-304 – 1457
Kitty Kat Haven is a Washington Nonprofit corporation, a 501(c)3, non-profit corporation, and is supported solely by donations.
All monetary and in-kind contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law